BakerLady18
Hi:

Has anyone had trouble with the print heads on the Epson printers?  I try to print at least once a month, but I fear that the print heads are clogged.  My edible images are not coming out well and I have tried the maintenance settings on the printer (cleaning the print heads setting) several times.  So far, I have not been successful in resolving the bad print quality.  Any suggestions?  I am starting to panic as I need to print some images for upcoming cake projects soon.

Thanks for any help!
Quote 1 0
Trout Man
Once a month printing is not enough to maintain print head clean. Especially with edible inks. You should print on  weekly basis, if you don't have orders for edible images you can still print on regular paper , invoices , coupons etc...  
Printing nozzle check on regular paper once per week is sufficient for healthy printer. Everything less than that ( mostly in summer months ) would lead to drying.
Canon printers are less susceptible to drying because of difference in edible ink dispersion ( thermal vs electric impulse )  , however they need regular test print page printed weekly also.
Epson printers are recommended for high volume users mostly with 3-5 prints daily. Images are brighter, closer to original.
Quote 1 0
anniepooinclyde1
I too have found that I am having the same issue. My pics have lines going thru them. I have ran the clean cycle now 6-8 times in the past 2 days and it is still not working properly. HELP............
Quote 0 0
Trout Man
I too have found that I am having the same issue. My pics have lines going thru them. I have ran the clean cycle now 6-8 times in the past 2 days and it is still not working properly. HELP............

Change print settings to " Best Photo " in printer driver. Do not print from phone if you don't know how to get into settings..
Quote 0 0