typomaniac
I bought a sample pack of twiggy sheets because I'm looking for something that melts into, or becomes part of the icing rather than just a decal sitting on top of the icing. I saw the warning that said must be handled very carefully and that was more than 100% correct.
I'm wondering if there are any tutorials, or answers as to how to get the paper off the backing without tearing it? I have the utmost patience but after 2 sheets destroyed I figured it was time to seek help.
Any information from people who have used them to tutorials, etc. would be more than greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much.
Quote 0 0
ink4cake
apply sheets as soon as it printed ... do not leave it to dry ..
Quote 1 0
typomaniac
ink4cake wrote:
apply sheets as soon as it printed ... do not leave it to dry ..

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I will soon be trying this again with your advice. I have another question however regarding the twiggy papers. I was going to order some twiggy sheets with the pre-cut circles for cookies, which was the whole reason for me getting into this photo icing gig. Would a person be able to get the circles off the page quick enough before the ink drys when dealing with a dozen of them for transfer to wet royal icing? Another thought I had on this was possibly just printing a few circles at a time and run the sheet back through with different circles selected. Would I need to buy a different template for different size circles or is the template software a collection? I want to thank you all again and wish a great day to all 🙂
Quote 0 0
ink4cake
Smaller sizes like 2" and 2.5"  worked just fine in our testing. It's actually easier to remove them and apply than whole sheet letter size. After printing you should have more than enough time to apply .
However remember that majority of our customers use Supreme precut sizes for cupcakes... it really depend what do you want to do with it.
It's deeply recommended to use OL software with precut circles. Software coming with included Supreme sheets templates, for Twiggy you would need to purchase additional template ( each size $9.99 or whole set for $29.99 ) available per request. It's one time purchase for templates and software, much better than online versions. Build for Windows only , not compatible with MAC.
Program allow you to place as many as you want different images on same sheet and print at once. 
Quote 0 0
typomaniac
I needed to cover 1/2 of a 9x13 sheet cake and when the page came out of the printer I cut it in half and trying to get the page off I ended up with ink all over my finger and smudged print before it broke. I have some frostino sheets which saved the day but the Twiggy is my mission. I took the portion which was cut of and (not) without some challenge, I got it off in one piece. Curious though about why it would be easier to remove with wet ink. I have a couple more to make and the mission to get it right continues. The frostino sheets are too quick to form air bubbles--with or without refrigerating. Thank all of you for your comments and help--I'm determined and very much new at all this. I am sure that before the smoke clears I will give all the different papers--icing sheets, wafers, etc. a shot.
Quote 0 0